Friday, March 11, 2011

Sorry, food again it is: Roasted Yam Soup

Although I am quite a bit horrified by the terrible earthquake in Japan and my heart really goes to the people strucked by this very strong earthquake and tsunami, at the end of the day you have to eat something. This might be quite selfish, thinking that hundreds have lost their lives and others their homes but still ....

Since I am all alone today, I had some time to browse through my favourite blogs and my eye caught a lovely soup made from roasted yam and carrots. The recipe comes from Katy who posted it on veganblog.it. And since I had a yams lying around I couldn't resist to immediately recreate her recipe.

Onions, garlic, carrots, and yams are mixed with berbere spice mix and olive oil and roasted in the oven (for proper quantities please go to the page on veganblog.it):


Then you put everything in a blender and mix it up, season with salt and pepper and voila, a really delicious and hearty soup:


Thank you Katy, you made my day :)

1 comment:

  1. Grazie mille!
    Sono contentissima che ti sia piaciuta!
    Baci
    Katy

    ReplyDelete